T-Plan was arguably the first test management tool to be sold b2b. Since T-Plan's inception for a project at the Bank of England to dematerialise share certificates in 1989, T-Plan has continually developed the T-Plan Test Case Management Suite. Professional Product is modular in design, clearly differentiating between the analysis, design and management of the test assets from planning to execution.
The T-Plan Test Management Suite is optionally sold as a "Software-as-a-Service" (SaaS) solution. Available as a centrally managed hosted solution, with your MSSQL data in the cloud, or application and data on-premise, we are delighted to offer our functionally rich client server application via this incredible solution. more...
Analyze: 'What to test’:
‘The first step within the Analyze phase is to gather and review the requirements from which the testing will be derived. One of the unique selling points of our tool is the best of breed Microsoft Office Integration, which facilitates the importing or exporting of data to and from e.g. Word Documents and Excel Spreadsheets (also XML etc.).
This module also provides statistical reporting metrics for; testing progress, depth of coverage, risk factors and priorities.
Design: ‘How to test’
A test specification hierarchy is created to model the test
plan. This module supports full traceability, filtering, script
re-usability, coverage and impact analysis, together with extensive
Manage: ‘When to test’
This phase enables the scheduling of test scripts. Normally the test schedule will reflect the appropriate structure necessary for management reporting.
This includes both the Schedule phase and the Test Execution phase. This forms the activity of planning and managing the detailed tasks to be performed once software is available to be tested.
How well are you doing?
‘What happened’:- The execution phase enables the results of executed test scripts (manual and automated) to be recorded. Coverage and success/failure charts can be in the form of a snapshot and/or provide historical graphs highlighting progress. All reports can be exported electronically to file, email or printed directly. Reporting can be tailored your project requirement.
Please view our Test Management Sutie
Please install Adobe Flash to view this media. Thank you.
T-Plan Professional has been at the forefront of testing since 1989, becoming the most powerful and accurate risk based Test Management tool in the market today.
"If you need to introduce more order, structure and visibility into your testing process,
you will welcome the T-Plan method and tool."
Our competitors will boast that they have a true ‘Test Management’ Tool. However, T-Plan is the only product in the market that is designed around the V-Model principle and will drive process. Designed and built upon these foundations it serves as the perfect tool to improve your organisation's quality.
T-Plan Professional will be at the centre of the development lifecycle, from business requirements through to the execution of tests. Designed with three modules; Analyze, Design and Manage:
Analyze (What to Test)
- Gather and review the requirements from which the testing will be derived.
- The system under test is broken down into functional areas. Detailed measurable test conditions, derived from agreed exit criteria, are created for each functional area. These are the focal point of the testing.
- Priorities can be assigned to these test conditions enabling detailed impact analysis.
- The source documentation can be linked to any entity. Thus providing full requirement traceability and change impact analysis.
- The Analyze Module provides statistical reporting metrics for; testing progress, depth of coverage, risk factors and priorities.
Design (How to Test)
- A test Specification hierarchy is created to model the Test Plan.
- Within the Test Specification hierarchy Test Scripts are created. Each test step detailing the instructions and expected results.
- Test data can be recorded and linked to the Test Scripts.
- Every Test Script needs to clearly identify its purpose. The Test Conditions (requirements), which the script is aiming to prove, link to the Scripts.
- The Design module supports full traceability, filtering, script re-usability, coverage and impact analysis, together with extensive reporting.
Manage (When to test)
- This phase enables the scheduling of test scripts. Normally the test schedule will reflect the appropriate structure necessary for management reporting.
- The Manage Module produces statistical and graphical reporting on; what was planned to test, what was scripted to test, what was scheduled to test and what was actually tested, pass/fail status and priorities of all test entities throughout the System Development Lifecycle.
- True Test Coverage reporting that will display the progress over time as well as full historic information.
- Visible and viewable hierarchy of every version of your tests that you executed.
We have helped our customers to deliver high quality applications efficiently and effectively using our tools and expertise.
Major Benefits of T-Plan Professional:
- Delivers a high level of communication between project members
- Consistent methodology for all testing processes
- Utilising the power and stability of leading database repositories
- The familiarity of a windows based product
- Assisting with an easier progression within the Capability Maturity Model
- A framework for planning, tracking and managing the quality of software
- Enabling both technical and non-technical staff to Analyse Requirements, Design Scripts, Manage Schedules and Execute tests
- Import and export data from Microsoft Word or Excel
- Designed and built upon the V-Model. Also supports Agile Testing Methodologies
- Providing 70+ reports with the functionality to create your own
- Open architecture allowing integrations and extensions
- Use ‘out of the box’ and fully customisable
- Assign risk level to requirements and tests
- Drives the coverage and quality of tests
- Re-usability of all data within T-Plan Professional
T-Plan Professional is a feature rich application and is so flexible that it can be deployed in any number of ways. Below is a high level description of some of the main features, for a more comprehensive understanding please contact your local T-Plan office.
Main features of T-Plan Professional:
- SaaS Cloud or On-Premise options available for application & database.
- The only Cloud delivered client-server Test Management tool on the market
- External document referencing – to provide traceability and full impact of change analysis
- Requirements storage – using a structured hierarchy for requirements creation allowing you to drive quality
- Accurate reporting – Information is available in real-time and accessible at a click of a button. Ideal for snap shot updates, meetings and day-to-day management
- Flexible – create new attributes, new icons, relationships and entities to improve your productivity
- Consistent framework for testing – having a central repository results in all test teams being completely comfortable with testing irrespective of what project they are working on and makes management information far more accurate
- Expandable – enhance your usage by integrating your requirements, test automation, performance scripts, project plans into a single test management offering
- Re-use of tests – all tests can be re-used any number of times, the results can then be reported collectively or individually
- Coverage and success reporting – reports on coverage and success can be produced in a number of graphical illustrations to give true management information
- Fully integrated with the T-Plan Incident Manager System and the Remote Execution Console
- Supplied with the T-Plan Administrator for security configuration
Whatever your testing sophistication you will greatly benefit from T-Plan Professional. To compliment your testing process why not look at our defect tracking options or our execution window.
If you would like to know more about T-Plan Professional
or any of our other Products or Services, then please contact
us at email@example.com or
contact you local